Re: Complex digital ICs visual simulation?

> If I e.g. place a RAM component into MultiSim, will it simulate

>> it? I.e. can I (using switches and hex displays) write on the >> RAM and then read back? Is the IC really simulated, or it's just >> a graphic symbol? >> >> If so, is there any other program that will do it? > > In principle yes. This depend on if you can figure out how to drive > multisim.
[snip]

Thanks for your reply. I managed to enter data into the simulated RAM via switches, and read it back correctly using hex displays.

But, ain't it possible to directly load a binary file into the simulated RAM (or EPROM) to initialize its values?

I'd like to design a very simple CPU, and having to load the program each time via switches is, to say the very least, tedious.

Thanks!

-- Mike

Reply to
Michael