Re: Alignment errors when using floats and/or doubles

Hi,

> I've been getting alignment exceptions whenever I use any type of > floating point variables in my embedded C code.

So: did you check where these variables actually are located? Did you inform the compiler and binutils of the proper alignment requirements, as part of building the cross compiler? Is your linker script careful about aligning segments properly?

You'll want to read the "porting" part of the GCC manual carefully, and make sure your choice of target platform (and or the target desription files, if you're doing your own port) is set up exactly right.

Hans-Bernhard Broeker