RCHW for powerpc MPC5566

Hello Community,

I am new to PowerPC and I have the Freescale MPC5566EVB with me for experimenting with MPC5566. I am using CodeWarrior with PENexus Micro debugger.

My aim is to develop a code for FMPLL and store it in MPC internal SRAM. Then I want to boot the device from the internal SRAM. I have two questions regarding this.

  1. What is the configuration of BOOTCFG for booting from 'internal SRAM'?
  2. At what address should I specify the RCHW and how will I specify it in the linker file?

When I am loading the code in Internal SRAM using debugger and executing, the MCU is working properly. But I am not configuring the RCHW in the lcf file. I suspect that the debugger is itself configuring the MCU for proper operation (please correct me if I am wrong). Hence my worry is that the same code won't run when I load it in the internal Flash since it won't configure the MCU properly.

Please provide your valuable comments. Thank you.

matrix13

You can't boot from internal SRAM. You can boot from internal flash, or the internal bootloader (for serial boot, CAN boot, etc., - I don't know exactly which ones the MPC5566 supports), or from external memory. But it doesn't make sense to boot from sram - there is no code in it at power-on.

Reply to
David Brown