Raven for different targets

Hello everybody,

I wonder, whether it is possible to use a Raven for the AMD Elan SC520 on a ARM7
processor. Is that just a matter of the right connector cable? After all, JTAG
signals and transfer protocol are standardized or does the Raven do some target
specific things (e.g. automatically poll some flags of the target processor via
JTAG) that make it unusable on other hardware? Any experiences?

TIA,
Jens

Re: Raven for different targets
a ARM7
JTAG
target
processor via

I have two points to make - you may interpret them as you wish :

1. Macraigor developed a special "target" for the Netsilicon NetArm (ARM7).
By setting the target to NetARM, the Raven DID NOT work. By setting the
target to ARM7, the raven DID work.

2. Don't expect to get any help/response from Macgraigor. Their technical
support is non-existant.

Re: Raven for different targets

I disagree. I asked them much the same question as the OP, but re the
Wiggler rather than Raven, and I had a response inside one day.

Re: Raven for different targets

(ARM7).

Regarding point 2 - I have stated exactly that in the Netsilicon forum.

We bought the Flash tool for the NETARM50 (ARM7 core, used in big endian
mode).
The tools did not work. After 4 months of e-mailing (with the English
distributor where we bought the tool) I gave up. They kept repeating that
work was under way, that McGraigor was just getting hold of a NET+ARM kit,
etc. No solution came up.
I pointed to the fact that most ARM drivers had a big and a little endian
HEX file used in the download - the NETARM setup only had a a little endian.
OK, thanks, we'll work on it... no solution, no further replies. Maybe the
trick you used in point 1 will work - I'll try that.

BTW: the Raven worked fine using the supplied NetsiliconLibRemote.exe as the
interface between GDB and the Raven. The OCD debugger also works! Just the
$500 Flashtools failed.

Regards,
Arie de Muynck

Re: Raven for different targets
An ASM programming tool is for free from Atmel.
Of Codevision C Compiler is free if your code is less than (i think) 2 kb or
something.
Check out www.avrfreaks.net for informations on dev-tools appnotes and so
on...
- stef

on
all,
(ARM7).
This special target you mentioned is a Raver, right? So you think the
NET+ARM is programmable with the Wiggler - whose functionality would be
enough to me?

Re: Raven for different targets
Sorry I mixed somethin up....
This is my question:

(ARM7).
This special target you mentioned is a Raven, right? So you think the
NET+ARM is programmable with the Wiggler - whose functionality would be
enough to me?
- Stef

Site Timeline