qwerty keyboard

I am looking to add a small qwerty keyboard to my project (has an Atmel MCU and LCD). Do not want to use PS2 keyboards. Where can I get a small keyboard (like the one used in handheld organizers/PDAs/databanks)? Hope someone could give me some pointers. Thanks!!

Reply to
Giri Nirkondar

PDAs and databank devices use custom keyboards. The housing for the appliance is an engineered part of the keyboard.

Chicony (and other mfrs for that matter; Alps I think) makes some small standard keyboard modules for laptops. That's about as close as you're likely to get, in standard parts.

If you just want to build a prototype, I can probably find you one or two small laptop size keyboards (they come out to a raw matrix, no onboard circuitry at all). They were originally supplied with Cirrus EDB7212 eval boards. But respond quickly, because I'm moving offices and throwing away (or worse, filing) a lot of junk.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

--
Noel's Lab
www.noels-lab.com

Thanks for the offer, Lewin. I think I will just use a PS2 keyboard for prototyping and then work on adding a custom keyboard later. BTW, I have your book and it is great!!! It is a good book for beginners as well as experienced designers new to ARM based processors.

Regards,

MCU

keyboard

Reply to