Quick Connect Contacts

I am looking for some type of contact to use on a front panel that would allow the momentary connection of a pair of discrete wires. I looked at the junction blocks used for speaker wire on stereos, but they are a bit large. This is on a handheld device.

It has been a number of years since I used anything like this, but I know I have seen this sort of contact. I just can't remember what they look like and can't find anything at Digikey or Mouser.

Rick

Reply to
rickman

For some ideas have a look at

/7124591/

Reply to
Rocky

One of the spring-loaded terminal blocks from Phoenix maybe?

Rob Gaddi

Fastons work pretty well.

The things on the board are ZIERICK 1021.

John

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Thanks, but I can't get this link to work. They say the site is down for maintenance. Maybe they don't allow access from the US?

Rick

Reply to
rickman

That is not quite what I'm looking for. I know this is a bit hard to describe. I'm looking for some sort of spring loaded device that will let me connect a wire from a pickup that is not in an instrument. So it will have a pair of wires hanging from it. The connection is just momentary for a reading. I suppose we could just have a pair of exposed pads like nail heads. I thought a spring clip might be better.

Rick

Reply to
rickman

ld

d at

it

hey

something like this:

958-ND/763619 or

google for something like "screwless terminal block"

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

ld

d at

it

hey

Would one of the 0.75" dual banana jacks be too big? The nice ones have a screw binding post that you could use to connect wires to.

George H

Reply to
George Herold

Oh. We use some terminal blocks that you just stick a wire into

You push on the orange things to open up the spring clamp doobies inside.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Screwless?

Martin Riddle

Fhanestock clips?

Michael A. Terrell

A pair of alligator clips mounted to the frontpanel?

Gravity brings me down.
Reply to
Stef

Assuming safety isn't an issue...

Use steel contacts (plated if you like) and a couple of small magnets to clamp the wires - maybe the small 'notice board' types with a plastic handle.

Or use plated PCB pads with magnets fixed underneath, and that way your opposite polarity free magnets will centralise nicely on top.

Or tension springs which you bend sideways to open a gap to clamp the wire.

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

--
http://www.google.com/search?q=Fahnestock+clips&sugexp=chrome,mod=9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Reply to

I'm getting an education. I never knew the name for these things although I still don't know how to pronounce it. They don't quite do the job though. This will be the front panel of a consumer device and it will need to look attractive.

The closest thing I have seen are the spring loaded connectors they use for speaker connections on the rear of stereos. They are pretty close to what would work, but they are large. This needs something like that but smaller.

Thanks to everyone making suggestions.

Rick

Reply to
rickman

maybe the small springs used in the old Radio Shack 50-in-1 project toys? ex. here:

you bend the spring over and slide the wire in from the side, release and the spring holds it

Reply to
amdyer

Naturally, and obviously hoo-boy...

We are down to our last 4,754 in stock. We are proudly using a child labor sweatshop to reprocess these.

If you don't like our price, Pomona has them for $26 each.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

Those look remarkably similar to these

"Push Posts" Series 29 from Grayhill

Another alternative to that

stud-red/dp/2150967

The common term they use is "Binding Post"

    PC Services
 Timing Diagram Font
  GNU H8 - compiler & Renesas H8/H8S/H8 Tiny
 For those web sites you hate
Reply to
Paul

ote: