Quick boot time Navigation Military and Commercial Aircraft

On commercial aircraft or military they have embedded systems that boot up as soon as power is supplied plus the software is a quick boot.

How can the same system be duplicated because it will be used on a boat.

Trouble is the navigation programs are for Windows 95, 98, XP operating systems.

I would like to know if there is any other products out there that can be purchased and software that dose not have to use a PC based board or if it dose has a quick boot up time.

Even if a costmized system has to be made up or even close to this sort of development.

I would like to know what embedded systems aircraft use.

Thanks Russel

Reply to
Russel Millar