Question: Suggestion on good PIC programmer from $50..$300

I am new to this. I am looking for a cheap pic programmer ( as cheap as
it can get ) with following.

1) Program a PIC using my laptop with USB.
2) Debug it, in circuit if possible.

I am new to this so I will be needing advice on following as well,

1) Free/Commercial compilers available.

In all I want to spend from $50 to $300 to be able to write a PIC
program, debug it and get it running on the PIC.

Any help/pointers will be appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

Re: Question: Suggestion on good PIC programmer from $50..$300

There are the Microchip products,
http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId14%75&category=devEmulatorsDebuggers
Commercial ones like
http://www.quasarelectronics.com/pic_programmers.htm
As well as homebrew products such as
http://www.dontronics.com/diyk150.html ,
http://electronickits.com/kit/complete/prog/ck1711.htm
non USB too: http://covingtoninnovations.com/noppp/index.html ,
http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~jones/cross/pic /

If you have the budget, Microchip compiler is pretty good. There are
various free ones too - for references see
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.arch.embedded/msg/558cc64ff21c4df5?hl=en &

--T

Re: Question: Suggestion on good PIC programmer from $50..$300

www.olimex.com/dev check for PIC-ICD2 - 100% compatible with MPLAB-ICD2
at less half price, you can use for programming and debugging

Best regards
Tsvetan
---
PCB prototypes for $26 at http://run.to/pcb (http://www.olimex.com/pcb )