Question on Xilinx VirtexPro II FPGA chip... please

I'd appreciate if someone could answer a few questions below:  If you reply
by email, REMOVE "SPAMNOMORE" in capital letters repeated in my address
twice (edit address manually)!!!

We ordered "Xilinx Virtex-Pro II" development kit, your answers will NOT
change buying decisions - itís already here, we need to know:
1. Is it possible to put either Linux or Nucleus RTOS into this chip memory,
to my knowledge your chip includes two PowerPC's and we intend to use it as
a host?  Note we need to know if either OS can be loaded, not both, we will
experiment with Linux and then Nucleus RTOS (Nucleus RTOS is Realtime
Operating System from AcceleratedTechnology/MentorGraphics Corporation, for
Xilinx FPGA's embedded design).

2. If yes, when Linux or Nucleus RTOS is loaded, will we get communications
stack and drivers for IEEE 802.11 in ad-hoc mode (this as any EE Engineer
knows is a wireless LAN standard)?

3. If yes, then we'll purchase a standard IEEE 802.11 card, can this card be
plugged into your development kit port?  From what I gathered from my
professor, he intends to plug this card into your "serial port", but seems
strange to me.

4. Maybe you can suggest additional Xilinx products to use in our IEEE
802.11 wireless communications project (ad-hoc mode)?

VirtexPro II development kit is already here and I was asked to research the
above information to start design.

Thanks for your time.

Re: Question on Xilinx VirtexPro II FPGA chip... please

You will need to add MMU to PPC for running linux on Xilinx Virtex-Pro
II ! not trivial !

uclinux run well on "Xilinx Virtex-Pro II"

Larry

Re: Question on Xilinx VirtexPro II FPGA chip... please

Why ? It is already there, the PPC core is just a ibm 405 thingy.
And, it runs linux for quite a while already ...

As does linux.

You're probably mixing up the MicroBlaze and PowerPC ?

Re: Question on Xilinx VirtexPro II FPGA chip... please
Yes you right.

Please sorry it.

Re: Question on Xilinx VirtexPro II FPGA chip... please

It would help, if you would tell us, which board you got ...

Re: Question on Xilinx VirtexPro II FPGA chip... please
Thanks to all you wonderful people, I will get Xilinx/board part# from
professor on Monday or so... no one can tell until weekend is over ( his
office phone not responding).

Re: Question on Xilinx VirtexPro II FPGA chip... please
XILINX VirtexProII-based ML300 and ML310 boards (we have both), part# as
follows:

a) UW-V2P-ML310 - US version, embedded/development platform?  It may be 'HW"
in front of this part# and not "UW"
and
b) DO-V2P-ML300 - US version, evaluation/development kit (EDK 6.2I)

*****Your original message********
It would help, if you would tell us, which board you got ...

Site Timeline