Question on MMDS debugger

Hello,

    I ordered for an MMDS debugger for motorola HC908 processor.  I have
some doubts regarding this.

After a power up or a reset, does the controller execute my boot code where
I write the config registers and do the ram test and initialisation?  If not
how is it done?  I read through the manual for MMDS and it says that for
each Emulation module there is a personality file that is shipped along with
it.  Does this file do the required initialisations?  or is it the
startup.08 file that does these things where I can give commands to do
certain things?
Can anybody send me a sample copy of a personality file and a startup.08
file?  I just wanted to see how these files look.  I could not find it in
internet.

Thanks..

Regards,
Sreeram.