Question on LCD control and UART.

Hi.

I have question on UART and LCD control. I have somehow implemented UART function and it seems to works. But there is a problem. odd character is printed other than I have expected. I tried to print "\r\nStart of Root\r\n\r\nEnd of Root\r\n" But the following is printed

-- þï

 Start of Root }þï

 End of Root p

-- I have no idea why this happens.

Another question is on LCD control. I am using samsung 2410 which have LCD controller. Please explain me some concept on controlling LCD with built-in LCD controller. I have examined the part of datasheet, but concept is not easy to build. Please answer.

Thanks.

Reply to
JY Kim

That's because for the LCD, the \r and \n are just ASCII chars 13 and 10, and translate into what the datasheets lists in the character map. You have to write a function that parses such a string and translates the \r and \n into a control command to the LCD to move the current pointer to the desired postition.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang