Question about PCB software (and making the boards at home)

That's as I expected. My own production boards are also hand assembled (not by me), using a Wavetip for TQFPs, and I seldom get a failure. I think it's a matter of process scale- just as you wouldn't attempt wave soldering for through hole components at home (I bet someone has), hand assembly suits small quantity production best. Now for those NGAs....

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

Cultural differences- I haven't seen on over here- the sandwich toasters we get here squeeze the stack between two shaped hot plates, rather like a waffle maker. Not very good for PCBs.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

We do have toaster ovens in Europe.

It is the kind of thing you might have in a bedsit, caravan or holiday home.

The ones I found in a quick look on department store websites were a bit more than US$20 though.

Robert Swindells

Reply to
Robert Swindells

by

toasters

like

We have those in the US too - they're simply called sandwich makers. Back home in Oz we call those sorts of crushed sandwiches "jaffles" (see for instance

which is the old-fashioned manual style). Mmmm... a piping hot ham, cheese and tomato jaffle on wholegrain bread with plenty of butter - oh boy, SOOOOOOOOOOOOO tasty. Haven't had one in close to fifteen years.

Reply to
larwe

Toast your bread, spread on the butter, add the ham etc, pop in microwave for about 30 seconds, and you have it.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

A project along these lines was published in Circuit Cellar not too long ago, I believe. My recollection is that the author wasn't able to get fantastic control over the thermal profile, but good enough that he was happy with the results. I think this would be a great kit; keep us posted. I think he used a thermocouple rather than a non-contact sensor; your approach might work better though I think it's the "thermal inertia" of the oven elements that's the problem.

-Tom

Reply to
Tom Loredo

software

using it,

personal use.

used to

trying to

It's good enough for personal use. I used it. The reason I chose it is that their PCB quotes are only half of others. And they can mail you in several days. It's hard to find any big company to take care of our personal-use boards.

I'll recommend it.

xg

Reply to
Xiao Geng