Querys regarding Flash File system

Dear all, I am new to flash file system.Can some one point me to some basics regarding flash file system?I am not aware whats flash file system and the need for it?Also it will be helpful if someone could let me know about design aspects of flash file system.

Our customer has given requirement to have one on the flash. I googled web,but did not find anything relevant to the basics of understanding Flash file system.

Any links or tips would be helpful.

Regards, s.subbarayan

Reply to
ssubbarayan

Maybe this could help

jbe

Reply to
Juergen Beisert

Maybe the customer did not ask the right people then?

See

Regards,
Richard.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
FreeRTOS.org

My google search returned 3,400,000 hits for flash file system. (in

0.23 seconds)

The basics was the very first hit, and it is very relevant...

I have to agree with 'FreeRTOS.org' when he says "the customer did not ask the right people then".

Reply to
LittleAlex

to some

Hi, While I agree that we are new to this,fact to be accepted not everyone will know everything the first time they encounter.Are you people sure you have not encountered such new requirements you are not aware of? Please avoid passing derogatory remarks.It kills the spirit of this group.

Regards, s.subbarayan

Reply to
ssubbarayan

e to some

4 or 5 years ago when I was asked to do this on a 8051 I think San disk had a spec up of what type of circuit there flash card expected to see when as it was being plugged in. The software interface was fairly straight forward as it was a EDIE protocol (lots of references for this on the web) or I think you could use their proprietary protocol if you wanted as well. If you already have the hardware developed and are looking exclusively for the actual file management software there are many you can purchase with support and like several people have pointed out here there are many open source versions as well.
Reply to
JE

I think that depends on how big a component of the overall task the flash file system is.

If it's an order for fairly generic embedded controllers, I'd agree this is alarming.

If it's an order for "machinery" requiring a lot of institutional expertise to get right, in which the addition of something with embedded flash is a relatively new requirement, it may still make sense to chose the vendor with longstanding knowledge of the real problem, and be patient while they get up to speed on this here newfangled software stuff.

Reply to
cs_posting

I don't think it has anything to do with either.

When the OP says "I googled web,but did not find anything relevant", and I find exactly what he's looking for by pressing Google's "I feel lucky" button, I question the OP's capabilities.

Reply to
LittleAlex