QNX GUI design, need a solution

I would like to design a GUI for an embedded device running QNX, with LCD size about a quarter of VGA. I would like the GUI includes some graphics, or maybe FLASH as well, to attract the eyeballs of the customers, with reasonable engineering effort. BTW, it is more like a GUI for a classical embedded system application than a Multi-Media application. No 3D is required.

I think QNX already provides me the following options.

  1. HMI Technology. It includes support for Adobe Flash, HMTL5, HMTL5, Native 2D, Graphical composition, etc.
  2. QNX Core Graphics Technology. It includes support for OPENGL, 2D,
3D, video capture, image manipulation, cursor control and use of fonts.
  1. QNX Photon microGUI.
  2. QNX Aviage HMI Suite.

Which one would you like to recommend? Which is the most expensive one and which is the least? Which is the easiest to learn and which is the toughest?

Does any of the above solution can generate high-quality GUI that is equal to or better than SWELL PEG Pro?

Reply to
Like2Learn

At YOU i Labs, we have a UI framework that runs on QNX and enables iPhone like user experiences on much lower end hardware. We have both

2D and 3D graphics libraries that typically outperform native QNX solutions by as much as 10X. User our platform and same some $ on your hardware selection.

Don Liberty

Crank Software provides a complete UI development suite called Storyboard with full support for QNX and many other RTOSs. Not only do we support QNX, but most of our developers have 10+ years of experience working at QNX.

Storyboard provides the user with

- WYSISWYG drap and drop development environment based on eclipse

- Import directly from photoshop and many other image formats

- Animation design and runtime manager

- Script engine and debugger

- Graphical compare with code repository

- Development host and runtime simulator support on WIndows, Linux and MacOS

You can download a free 30 days trial on our website

Also there is video section to allow you to see it in action.

Regards Jason

Reply to
grande blanca hamburguesa