[Q]: eval boards with a MSP430 (flash+>2KB RAM)

Any hint or link ?
I found TI only offers ROM versions.
Peripherals are not important, but I need at least 2KB RAM and like
Flash since UV erasing is no choice.

TIA
---
42Bastian
Re: [Q]: eval boards with a MSP430 (flash+>2KB RAM)

That calls for the 'F14x/'F44x types or the upcoming 'F16x controllers. Check
out Olimex.com. Not only do they manufacture good and cheap PCB prototypes, they
have an number of PIC/AVR/MSP development boards, too.

HTH,
Jens

Re: [Q]: eval boards with a MSP430 (flash+>2KB RAM)
they

Thanks, esp. the easyWeb board looks appealing.
---
42Bastian
Re: eval boards with a MSP430 (flash+>2KB RAM)

How about the
MSP430F11X(1) Flash Emulation Tool
MSP430F12X/F11X2/F12X2 Flash Emulation Tool
MSP430F13X/F14x Flash Emulation Tool
MSP430F41X Flash Emulation Tool
MSP430F43X/44X Flash Emulation Tool

All on the TI website.  I've personally bought about 10 of the MSPFET430P140
and just dropped them onto a motherboard for a project.  Come with the
crippleware IAR compiler.
HTH,
--
Alf Katz
snipped-for-privacy@remove.the.obvious.ieee.org

Found those, but I understood FET is a kind of JTAG box ?
Esp. because my brochure (found under a pile of papers) notes for the
P140: Product family 13x,14x,15x,x16x
So it seems not to be an eval board.

---
42Bastian
Re: eval boards with a MSP430 (flash+>2KB RAM)

MSPFET430P140
Wrong.  It's both.  A CPU on a board with space for rocks (crystals) ,
padouts for all ports, a jtag interface, connectors to connect to a proto
board, a led to flash (gotta have one of those) as well as the serial to
Jtag interface.

Cheers,
--
Alf Katz
snipped-for-privacy@remove.the.obvious.ieee.org
Re: eval boards with a MSP430 (flash+>2KB RAM)
Try http://www.softbaugh.com /
they sell the eval boards that TI talks about.
TI's links eventually take you there anyway.

Re: eval boards with a MSP430 (flash+>2KB RAM)
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net says...

Unfortunately, Softbaugh only takes AMERICAN EXPRESS.

--Gene

Re: eval boards with a MSP430 (flash+>2KB RAM)
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net says...

Yes, that is a pain, but the boards seem to work ok.

The sample code is a bit scary (not to mention buggy) but that shouldn't
surprise anyone.

--
Randy Howard            _o
2reply remove FOOBAR    \<,