Q: Embedded Database Recommendations?

Op Sat, 12 Jul 2008 05:16:23 +0200 schreef Peter K. :

How about Polyhedra?

http://www.opera.com/mail/
Reply to
Boudewijn Dijkstra

Interesting, Boudewijn! Thanks for the tip.

Ciao,

Peter K.

--
"And he sees the vision splendid
of the sunlit plains extended

Peter K. escribió:

You might consider:

eXtremeDB, form McObject Berkeley DB, from Oracle

These are considered "truely" embedded DBs.

Reply to
Ignacio G.T.

For your purposes one advantage is that the code is very compact. The system still gobbles memory to store the data, but that is inherent for anything. The code is sharable, so only one code instance can handle any number of completely independent data tables. The code module will occupy about 1.5k when compiled for the 80386.

 [page]:
            Try the download section.
Reply to
CBFalconer

Thanks, Ignacio!

Both look interesting.

Regards,

Peter K.

--
"And he sees the vision splendid
of the sunlit plains extended
And at night the wondrous glory of the everlasting stars."
Reply to
Peter K.

Thanks. I've set myself up with a test case, and I've run MS SQL Server (yes, not really embedded, but what the hey), MySQL and SQLite through it.

I hope to do the same now with various other potential solutions.

I'll let you know how things go.

Regards,

Peter K.