PXA270 and Marvell

The arcom boards and modules are very good. Especially vulcan.

Their appollo boards are very reliable if you need a high temp (up to 60*C) industrial pc.

gumstix have moved to the PXA270's

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson

So what are your requirements?

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Hi

I don't know the depth about your question. Could you be more specific. I have worked both on PXA255/270 & Marvell(MX21/MX27). I see good resouces on net which I was able to use.

BR Mukesh

Reply to
srimks11

I need 2 USB host ports, at least 2 UARTs, Ethernet, 64MB RAM, large Flash (1GB, probably on SD/MMC or CompactFlash), must be able to run Linux, low power or power management capabilities, LCD interface would be nice. I'm looking at the AT91SAM9260 and AT91SAM9263 (from a company you may have heard of :) and will probably use one of the Atmel development boards.

As a previous poster mentioned, the Arcom boards are good, but we need to use a micro that we are happy to develop our own board for. As to the PXA270 - there are enough technical and other challenges to work through without having to fight some high and mighty supplier for the privilege of buying their product.

- Charles

Reply to
charleso

You may want to look at Freescales MPC5200B. Has all of the above and more and costs $18 (1000), Digikey list it at $25 or something. It will not let you have both USB ports and Eternet simultaneously, however (one USB port and Ethernet share the same pins). You can add one of those fancy USB chips with PHY to the PCI bus it has, though (I found some but have not used them yet). Full power is 1W (at 400 MHz CPU frequency), low power modes like doze, nap (the one I mostly use), sleep, deep sleep.

Dimiter

Didi