"Pulse" gel-cell charge strategy?

There's nothing wrong with that plan, except that it involves many more moving parts

Reply to
larwe

larwe ha scritto:

why not a peltier cell, heated by a small single flame burner ?

regards

--
  lowcost
Reply to

Because the burner requires fairly precise gas flow control and has a strong potential of becoming clogged and corroded. The explosive method is little more than a funnel turned upside-down, with a spark plug at the narrow end of the cone.

Reply to
larwe

Certainly true. However, you can replace a lot of generators for the cost of the copper in a system that has to collect the=20 energy in a few milliseconds.

Mark Borgerson

Reply to
Mark Borgerson

Is the range of combustible mixtures wide enough to guarantee ignition, or do you have to monitor the fuel/air mixture?

Mark Borgerson

Reply to
Mark Borgerson

I think I said above someplace - no it is certainly not guaranteed. If it fails, we try again.

Reply to
larwe

Lewin,

I just came across some interesting supercaps from Wima available up to

400F/2.5V. They store 1250J and the pulse current may be 600A. They can be connected in series. Datasheet here:

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

What was known in the trade as an FGC.

GC = Great Capacitor. F = unprintable

Reply to
invalid

Aka a BMF capacitor

BM = Big Mother F = ....

    PC Services
 Timing Diagram Font
  GNU H8 - compiler & Renesas H8/H8S/H8 Tiny
 For those web sites you hate
Reply to
Paul Carpenter

And here is a real BMF complete with Ms.

Reply to
larwe