PTCRB GSM approval requirements

I am looking to deploy a GSM based device in the USA as well as
various places around the world. The module we are using comes with
PTCRB and carrier approval, however as I understand it we need to get
our own PTCRB and Carrier approval, based on these approvals. We will
only be selling maybe 200 a year in the USA, are we liable to get
under the radar or do we need to get approvals, not very cost
effective!

Re: PTCRB GSM approval requirements

Unless you do something freaky, or you in some way cost the carriers
lots of money, it is unlikely that they will do anything to your
devices.

AT&T at least has become more proactive about identifying what exactly
is connected to its networks (by IMEI); they show pictures of your
phone in your account info, based on whatever phone the SIM was last
in. But they don't actively block anything that I'm aware of - not
even the Chinese phones with fake IMEIs. If you think about it, your
application is really no different from a traveler roaming with his
non-local-carrier-evaluated phone.

Site Timeline