PTCRB GSM approval requirements

I am looking to deploy a GSM based device in the USA as well as various places around the world. The module we are using comes with PTCRB and carrier approval, however as I understand it we need to get our own PTCRB and Carrier approval, based on these approvals. We will only be selling maybe 200 a year in the USA, are we liable to get under the radar or do we need to get approvals, not very cost effective!

Reply to
steve.jones

Unless you do something freaky, or you in some way cost the carriers lots of money, it is unlikely that they will do anything to your devices.

AT&T at least has become more proactive about identifying what exactly is connected to its networks (by IMEI); they show pictures of your phone in your account info, based on whatever phone the SIM was last in. But they don't actively block anything that I'm aware of - not even the Chinese phones with fake IMEIs. If you think about it, your application is really no different from a traveler roaming with his non-local-carrier-evaluated phone.

Reply to
larwe