PSRAM is SDRAM , but at .00007 amps !

The M 69 AW 024 2 megaByte DRAM is so low power , they did not want to call it DRAM , so they tagged it PSRAM

All the transistor methods are pulling about same milliwatts/megahertz , so CMOS is same as DRAM .

CMOS at 50Mhz gets hot ! So why not just use DRAM !! Besides , 2MegaBytes is impossible ,in CMOS at that price and density ...

Only thing CMOS can do better is holding data at room temp , 25C . 64MByte can be held at several microamps at 2.0vdc .

Ill be building a ARM-9 PC and i always do stuff better than anyone ,so my embedded ARM-9 will boot OpSys from Flash to PSRAM and , no need to reboot , but once a week . You turn it off and OpSys is held in PSRAM , so it takes 0.1 second to boot ...

Reply to
werty

Not so fast, cowboy.

A project that we just completed and is nearly identical to what you described (ARM9 + PSRAM) has enabled us to boot from flash in 50 milliseconds.

We do some stuff better than you, always.

JJS

Reply to
johnspeth