PSOC Humor

I received an email advertisement from Avnet for the Cypress PSOC
FirstTouch Starter kit.  I noticed an unusual feature...

Key Features:

    * Four embedded designs right out of the box
    * No code, no debugging PSoC Express-based design platform
    * 16-pin connection interface to plug the malfunction expansion
card into target boards
    * Pins accessible for user functions
    * Convenient, USB thumb drive format
    * I2C and ISSP support

Anyone else think this is a bit odd?  But perhaps there is a market
for "malfunction expansion" cards.  Who knew?

Re: PSOC Humor

Honesty in marketing?  That would be a bit odd. ;)

I don't know if there's a market, but there have been plenty of
them shipped from various vendors over the years.  If you're
going to admit up front that's what you're shipping, they sure
would be cheaper to make...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! HELLO, everybody,
                                  at               I'm a HUMAN!!

Re: PSOC Humor
On Thursday, in article

       ^^^^

Only FOUR, obviously won't do the number of last years systems I did then.
Perhaps the 'four' embedded systems are PDA, phone,.....

Always works first time even if you get your Volts, millivolts and
microvolts wrong? So why isn't the 'Telepathetic System Design' key
feature listed?

Sems to describe most connection interfaces in existence, so should fit well.

What no soldering to pins immersed in epoxy resin? What is the world
coming to when we can use the pins to connect to our embedded system.

Convenient to lose, break, file away in a safe place, even if I am a
two index finger typist.

               ^^^^
               Incessantly
               Shoving
               Same
               Solution to
           any Problem

Not odd just standard practise of droids who 'know' computers cut and
paste then write their own dross around it expecting the computer to
spell check and sort it all out for them. Monkeys comes to mind.

Re: PSOC Humor

:)  Language Log blog has a name for this, though I forget what it is.
  It's what happens when a spell-check program does the final draft.

    Cheers,    Mel.

Site Timeline