PSI drivers for Infineon C16x

Hi, I'm new in the world of the Infineon processors and in writing drivers for it. I have to connect a digital sensor to the C161CS processor via SPI. and I'm looking for information about how to design the drivers. I've browsed the internet for hours but nothing usefull came up. Where can I find information meant for the software engineer. i.e. how to construct the drivers. What ISRs must be written and what must they do. A basic desciption or an example would help me.

Kind regards, Sidney

Reply to
S.L

Sidney, if you are absolutely new to the Infineon C16x family I strongly recommend to get the DAvE CD. It is a graphical setup tool that allows to configure the peripherals and generate C source code.

It also allows to view the huge User Manual of the chip in context.

Before you attempt anything like interrupts and such you will have to familiarize the the complexity of this chip.

You can get the DAvE CD at:

I strongly recommend to get an Infineon starter kit for the derivative you want to use. Phytec also provides starter kits (Phytec KitCon) accompanied by excellent documentation.

What kind of digital sensor are you referring to ?

regards /jan

S.L schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: bngfho$1jh$ snipped-for-privacy@news2.tilbu.nb.home.nl...

I'm

Reply to
Jan Homuth

S.L said for all posterity...

Have you ever written embedded code before now? I'm wondering if a more basic foundation would be a better start. The type of driver will depend on whether you have an OS or not, the structure of the rest of your code, the type of "digital sensor", and somewhat on the specific compiler you're using.

The other poster's suggestion about getting an Infineon starter kit is a good one.

Casey

Reply to
Casey

Thanks for youre replies. The sensor I'm talking about is the Melexis MLX90601. We use the KEIL development tooling and we don't use and operating system on our target platform just a very basic round robin scheduler.

I'm not new to the embedded world. I've been an embedded software engineer for 6 year now but I've never been SO low onto the hardware before. I've got myself a new challange!

What I really need to get started quickly is some example code or a high level description about how the ISRs get their work done.

Kind regards, S.L

"Casey" schreef in bericht news:RGSmb.34972$B_2.23924@okepread02...

drivers

I'm

Reply to
S.L

S.L said for all posterity...

You might take a look at:

There's sample code there including:

"SSC: Example of master, rx and tx using C167 synchronous port (SSC). Example of SPI on the SSC (From Siemens USA)"

I found this in about two minutes. Google is your friend.

Casey

"I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize." -Steven Wright

Reply to
Casey