pseudo ports

for an 8051 device can someone give me a brief explanation of what a pseudo port is. This is in relation to it's use with an LCD. Does this involve a latch so the ports can go on with whatever they were doing without waiting for the LCD timing?

Reply to
gobraves

oops, poor wording, I meant pseudo bus, not pseudo port, I know what a pseudo port is.

Reply to
gobraves