PS/2 to Serial\SPI converter?

Hi,

Im working on building a dev board based on the AT91rm9200. I have based this design on the AT91rm9200-DK for reference. Im trying to add a keyboard to this board, but this has been hampered by the non-availability of the chip thats used to convert the PS/2 data to serial or SPI on the AT91rm9200-DK, the UR6HCPS2-SP40.

Does anyone know any alternative to this particular chip? If yes, plz do tell me..do Maxim or National have models for these? I live in New Delhi, India, so getting parts made by small companies in the US or China is nearly impossible...Maxim, TI etc are still viable.

Plz advise.

Thanx in anticipation

Mayank

Reply to
Mayank Kaushik

PS/2 is no secret. You could talk to it from you uP, or use a smaller uP to do the conversion (8051,PIC,AVR)

Reply to
Neil Kurzman

I think there are AVR application notes how to do this....

-- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson snipped-for-privacy@a-t-m-e-l.com This message is intended to be my own personal view and it may or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB

Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

or you can use the RX of one uart of the AT91RM9200 configured on its external clock provided by the keyboard and 2 GPIO (for host -> keyboard) to design a PS/2 interface.

Eric

Reply to
Eric BENARD

On 12 Feb 2005 04:36:34 -0800, "Mayank Kaushik" wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

The AT91RM9200 has a USB 1.1 host built in. Have you considered looking at a USB keyboard?

It suddenly occurs to me that while there are plenty of USB mice, I don't know that I've ever seen a USB keyboard. Of course you'd need USB host driver software, but no electronics to interface it, just the connector.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

Plenty of USB keyboards just sorted one out for a friend today, first place I looked ahd a choice of over 40 in their online catalogue!

    PC Services
             For those web sites you hate
Reply to
Paul Carpenter

Hi everyone,

A USB keyboard is an option i dont want to consider, since i dont have hardware to debug it (not JTAG etc), im relying on the DBGU. Thats why i wanted a PS/2 inteface, since its so simple.

regards Mayank

Reply to
Mayank Kaushik