Protection circuits

Hi everybody,
after a lot of google-research looking for practical information about ho
to protect integrated circuits from external world, i have thrown in th
towel.

Does anyone have suggestions?
In particular, I want to protect a video processor (SAA7113) from signal
coming from a RCA connector (composite video), just in case somebody make
a wrong connection.
I think it is a ESD related stuff.

Thanks in advance!!
Joe

www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Re: Protection circuits
Have you tried transient protection. See
http://www.avx.com/prodinfo_catlist.asp?ParentID52 %

Although these device add a significant capacative load which your
circuit may not be able to tolerate. The easiest method is often series
resistors.

Ken
www.claymore-electronic.co.uk

Re: Protection circuits

First of all aquaint yourself with my series oif articles, "Reading the
World" and Writing the World". This series of four articles deals with real
world interface problems in general. You can find them at:
<http://www.amleth.demon.co.uk/library/articles/forth/fighard/Intro.htm

The main trick is to think about limiting unwanted energy.