Proposed Usenet newsgroup about the Raspberry Pi

Really? I asked Demon (normally very helpful) to add alt.comp.os.windows-8 repeatedly, with requests just going into a black hole. How did you request this?

--

Phil, London
Reply to

the

Broadcom, and anything to do with their their employee operated raspberry pi marketing campaign/foundation have a lot of influence.

Reply to
Steve

I'd say it's more to do with comp.* being part of the Big 8 usenet hierarchies. Than any kind of all-powerful lobby.

Reply to
chris

I sent an email to snipped-for-privacy@demon.net asking them to add it. It took a bit longer than the advertised 24 hours, but it's here now.

That's all!

Stephen

--
Stephen Pelc, stephenXXX@mpeforth.com
 Click to see the full signature

That's worth a try. I had real trouble getting the first-line agents to understand what a newsgroup was, and they are normally pretty good. This is the only beef I have with Demon.

--

Phil, London
Reply to

Emailed them shortly after posting this, and received a phonecall this morning to tell me the group had been added. I can't see it yet, so maybe it's a propogation thing, or someone's mistyped, but once again I'm 100% (ok: 99.9% for now) happy with Demon.

--

Phil, London
Reply to

It took a day or so to get from Highwinds to Demon.

I can't tell you how many times we have nearly left Demon in the last 20 years. Perhaps their new owners will let them get their act together.

Stephen

--
Stephen Pelc, stephenXXX@mpeforth.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Stephen Pelc

"Pork Air 079 you have left the runway please contact London Terminal......"

Thats why I left them 12 years or so ago...

    PC Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul

Experiences do vary, but I deal with a lot of ISPs on behalf of customers, and I'm surprised how good Demon are, at every contact. I wouldn't consider moving - not least for the superb spam filtering.

Companies do change. I used to hate O2 with such a vengance that my hackles would rise when that gravelly voice came on the telly in an advert. They they were taken over by Telephonica, and (again) I've been surprised by how helpful they have been ever since. Wouldn't change.

--

Phil, London
Reply to