Prom Programmer Bit Swap Utility

My Advantech Lab Tool programmer can swap high - low bytes for 16 bit MCU but cannot swap bits inside a word. Currently I become cracy with files for the AMD ethernet controller AM79C961A what uses bit revers format:

Bit 0 is bit 15, bit 1 is bit 14 ....

Is there any utility what can do that kind of bit swap for binary or hex file ? Always calculating by hand takes more time than writing a own script or program. Wiring cannot change this for serial eeprom

Reply to
Jürgen Veith

I have a utility that I wrote some time ago which will rearrange the data and address lines on a ROM image any way you like - it's a command line utility, and you simply specify as command options the order in which you want the output address and data lines to be arranged. It reads Intel or Motorola HEX download format files, however it only knows about the 16 bit address format, so it is limited to an image size of 64k or less. If you think this might work for you, contact me (via link on my web page) with a valid email address and I will send it to you. [It's runs under DOS or Windows]

Regards,

--
Dunfield Development Systems          http://www.dunfield.com
Low cost software development tools for embedded systems

Great. I already dropped you a mail by http to your support page. The eeproms are 256 bytes only and 64k is more than sufficient. Of coarse, my given email from despammed.com filter service is valid and working most time reliable for non robot mailers

Juergen

Reply to
Jürgen Veith