Project Engineer

Dolby Laboratories Inc. San Francisco, CA Full Time Positions

Please send resumes to: snipped-for-privacy@dolby.com

Dolby technologies already define DVD, HDTV, and cinema sound. Wherever rich, engaging sound is important, you'll see the Dolby name.

Now we're developing exciting new technologies to enrich and transform the whole entertainment experience: digital cinema, video compression and decoding, games, broadcast, portable devices, the Web, and other emerging applications.

At Dolby, we believe individuals create true innovation. You can make a direct contribution to the future. Join us!

Software Project Engineer - (Real-Time Embedded Systems)

Help us track down the root cause of audio problems and prevent them from reaching the ears of moviegoers and TV audiences. At Dolby we have a strong reputation for the quality of our professional audio products. That reputation depends on someone like you who can take a new product, follow the clues, and isolate the source of performance problems before the product leaves Engineering. To succeed in this assignment you will need to develop creative tests to capture errors, distortion, or interruptions in the outputs of our audio encoders and decoders. This position is on the Cinema Software team in Dolby's Professional Division.

If you're up for these challenges, some of your daily tasks would include: Designing ?system level' test cases for functions in the product under test to address how the final user will incorporate the product into their system. Creating appropriate test systems that incorporates equipment the final user is likely to employ with the product under test. Evaluating embedded system signal processing functions in the product, considering hardware and software elements to identify potential ?system level' performance issues. Designing appropriate boundary conditions and stress tests to examine these potential performance issues. Evaluating real time events in the product, considering hardware and software elements to identify potential ?system level' performance issues. Designing appropriate boundary conditions and stress tests to examine these potential performance issues. Designing test cases for user interface software applications that will be used with Dolby manufactured products with provision for backwards compatibility, variations in system configuration, and variations in computer platform. Most products under development process digital audio signals. Our tests commonly involve assessing how a product behaves in response to different digital audio formats and sources. The ability of a product to tolerate interruptions of a digital audio signal and to respond gracefully when switching between digital audio sources are important performance measures.

The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience: B.S. degree or equivalent experience in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Electrical Technology.

4 years professional experience in design, development, and execution of test & verification systems. 2 years experience in a project lead or team lead role. Understanding of digital audio coding or decoding schemes as implemented in products such as broadcast digital audio encoders or decoders, high definition TV receivers, DVD players, DVD recorders, or CD players. Experience designing test suite hardware to supply test signals and monitor system outputs for the product under test. Practical experience testing the interaction of software and hardware in a real time embedded system. Professional experience programming in Java and C++. Knowledge and experience designing or testing products that incorporate digital audio or audio streaming technologies a plus.

**sorry - visa sponsorship not offered for this position.

Reply to
Dolby HR