Programming embedded modems

Can anybody recommend a good book or a source of information on programming
AT-command type modems.  I know the basics (AT commands, etc.), but I need a
better approach on how to deal with echoes and result codes.  I also need a
better understanding on compression, error-correction, async modes, etc.  My
primary application is an embedded device programmed in C, but I will also
be doing some Windows programming to handle the modem at the other end.  Any
source code examples available or modem driver routines available?

Thanks a bunch.

-------------------------
Brian

Re: Programming embedded modems
check out the TDK 2400bd modem from TDK

73M2901CL

or one of the Rockwell / Connexant modem data sheets.

JG

programming
My
Any