Programming an HD44780 connected to an AT91 on ecos

Hi,

I just started working on my 3rd year group project in elec engineerin where we have to design an ECG, my part of is to connect and program a LCD to display the heart beat of the horse.

We're goin to use an AT91EB55 evaluation board with an AT91M55800A on it so far i just found the pins we're goin to use and finished wiring the LC to the board.

I know i have to use C language on ecos to program the LCD, it's my firs time workin on ecos and am not very good in programming like,am not sur what to do next and where can i get more information from, any help woul be appreciated guys.

thanks

Reply to
loaded_tk

Have you tried googling for some info - there is TONS of stuff out there on programming HD44780 LCDs e.g.

Of course you'll have to adapt the IO coding to the micro you are using. You also have to know how to code in C.

You'll learn more doing some leg work for yourself.

cheers Jim

Reply to
Jim Jackson