Programmer's unpaid overtime.

Is it fair for programmers to work long hours of overtime and not get
paid for the work? If you are a programmer who has been working for a
while you probably
know there can be some issues with not getting paid for overtime.
Companies can take advantage of programmers with the long hours needed
to complete projects.  If you feel you are having difficulty getting
paid for what you have
done, you are not alone. There are people out there who are willing to
lend a hand. Check out this site:
http://www.bigclassaction.com/class_action/computer.html
You can send them a complaint for free and they pass them along to
lawyers for evaluation.  This one seems to be specifically for
programmers who have worked for Computer Sciences Corporation.  There
is, however, lots of other info on the site that might be more to what
you need, but this is a currently hot subject. I hope this might help
somebody out.

kr0

Re: Programmer's unpaid overtime.

Don't whine.... you have a job.

Re: Programmer's unpaid overtime.

Stop your whining.  If you don't like it, then leave
the field.
There are millions of Indians willing to work for
a green card, and at half the salary.
AND there is nothing you  can do.
AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Re: Programmer's unpaid overtime.

My Romanian friends and I  will come to your country and work long hours for
real cheap, and even teach you Romanian  (well, we'll group together and all
speak Romanian instead of English  at work so you better learn it)     So
stop complaining or your employer will hire more of us!

Re: Programmer's unpaid overtime.
How about just sending your cute Romanian women?  You Romanian geeks can
stay at home.  Don't worry, we'll take good care of them.  I'm betting that
the ladies won't expect me to speak Romanian when I can speak $$$ instead,
especially with all of the overtime I'm getting.  Oh, wait, I don't get paid
for overtime work...Oh well send your women anyways, I can still be a big
shot in their eyes even as I'm pulling down a cool $35K+/year as a
programmer.  Send anything but more geeks, please!!!

for
all

Re: Programmer's unpaid overtime.

I believe Svetlana could probably help you out there, if their principals
aren't currently in jail. But why the hell would anyone marry a non-geek?
That was definitely an essential ingredient in MY choice of wife :)

--
-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (http://www.zws.com /)
Learn how to develop high-end embedded systems on a tight budget!

Re: Programmer's unpaid overtime.

Don't toppost.  Do trim.  Don't forget Hungarians.  The Gabor
sisters were considered fairly decorative in their day, and for
some time beyond.  Check their Olympic swimmers and gynasts.
Heck, forget the origins, just look around.

Re: Programmer's unpaid overtime.

Speaking of looking around, on my way home last night around exit 15 off
I-95 in NY, there was a girl changing a tire and stopping traffic. Short
skirt... no panties. Pretty sure it was a stunt of some kind; I wonder if
we'll see footage in some future reality TV show.

I guess the commute does have some compensations, after all.

Re: Programmer's unpaid overtime.
On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 02:26:19 GMT, "Lewin A.R.W. Edwards"

Could have been a stunt for "Girls Behaving Badly".  But usually their
undressed skits are located indoors.

George

Re: Programmer's unpaid overtime.
need
working

Mm, I guess one man's candy is another man's Brussels sprout. Me, I'm very
happy with what I got :)

I don't mind the wife's tech issues, what I DO mind is the wife's friends
bringing in their tech issues. I want a 900 number!

it,

Ah. Well, I already have an accent, and one is enough in a marriage!

Be careful. Check the canines before committing - and make the first date in
daylight.

But, like I said, Svetlana (Russian/Eastern European marriage
fraud^H^H^H^H^Htasteful escort agency for professional gentlemen to meat*
lovely ladies from Russia and Eastern Europe, looking for marriage) could
surely hook you up. I used to get spam from them all the time..

* This was initially a typo, but a fortuitous one.

Re: Programmer's unpaid overtime.

So am I. I like candy AND Brussels sprouts... :-))

Meindert

Re: Programmer's unpaid overtime.

Because one prefers women?

Geeks are overwhelmingly male.

If you want a geek partner, it helps to be female.

The geekhood is open to all, and would welcome more women.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kryten_droid/application.htm

Re: Programmer's unpaid overtime.

Ah, that was unquestionably true ten years ago, but nowadays if you say
that, methinks you're just not looking in the right places. Build a suitable
display of collected paraphernalia, like the viscacha of the Argentine
pampas*, and you'll attract a like-minded mate.

Mind you, I do encourage a National Registry of Available Geeks.

* - <http://www.americazoo.com/goto/index/mammals/214.htm , not to be
confused with <http://www.americazoo.com/goto/index/mammals/215.htm .

--
-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (http://www.zws.com /)
Learn how to develop high-end embedded systems on a tight budget!
Re: Programmer's unpaid overtime.

Like Geek Bars?

Instead of dance music they play Star Trek Sound Effects CDs.
Endless Monty Python sketches on video walls.
Bouncers to stop gay people coming in and laughing at geeks.

I don't think society is ready for such radical changes.

I don't want someone with a mind like mine.
I know what mine is like!
I'd prefer someone well-balanced and attractive instead.

Like www.never_know_the_love_of_a_good_woman.com?

Re: Programmer's unpaid overtime.

And while we are at it, here is geekishness (sp?) test:
http://www.innergeek.us/geek.html

  Vadim

Re: Programmer's unpaid overtime.
Actually, I was here first. But you are welcome, none the less.  :-)

Tanya

Re: Programmer's unpaid overtime.
This is just spam - go away.

Site Timeline