program Development Assistant for C (DA-C)

Hello, All!

    Could somebody recommend good DA-C tool for embedded software, free
prefferably :)  for Win32 platform (in near future Linux platfrom will be in
demand).
    I would like to use mostly functions for building code structure charts,
flow charts, documenting sources etc.  After googlin I've found a bunch of
tools, but because of I've never used it before I can't make a reasonable
decision.

With best regards, Roman Mashak.  E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@tusur.ru

Re: program Development Assistant for C (DA-C)
writes

DA-C from Ristancase

www.ristancase.com

So you are going to work for free? I assume if you don't want to pay for
tools the SW you develop will be free as well?

SO try out all the free ones and see which ones work. then try out the
demo's of the commercial ones and see which ones are better.

Re: program Development Assistant for C (DA-C)
Hello, Chris!
You wrote  on Mon, 5 Jul 2004 07:36:07 +0100:

 CH> DA-C from Ristancase

 CH> www.ristancase.com

    I downloaded the trial version, it seems really good. But I didn't find
few features I expected, may be I was inaccurate: for example, how can I get
the total list of functions, I want to search, in my project  ?

 [skip]
 ??>>    I would like to use mostly functions for building code structure
 ??>> charts, flow charts, documenting sources etc.  After googlin I've
 ??>> found a bunch of tools, but because of I've never used it before I
 ??>> can't make a reasonable decision.

 CH> SO try out all the free ones and see which ones work. then try out the
 CH> demo's of the commercial ones and see which ones are better.

With best regards, Roman Mashak.  E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@tusur.ru

Re: program Development Assistant for C (DA-C)
Hello, Chris!
You wrote  on Mon, 5 Jul 2004 07:36:07 +0100:

 CH> DA-C from Ristancase

 CH> www.ristancase.com

 [skip]
 CH> SO try out all the free ones and see which ones work. then try out the
 CH> demo's of the commercial ones and see which ones are better.

    Well, I'd like to express some my impressions :)
    I also downloaded trial version of "Source Insight"
(www.sourceinsight.com), version 3.50.035.  This product seemed to me a
little more mature :)  of course it's my subjective opinion, but it has some
features I could not find in  DA-C from Ristance, for example listing of all
symbols in a module of project, also the flow chart building capabilities
are more restricted :(
    And, navigation in project window is a liitle more convenient.

With best regards, Roman Mashak.  E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@tusur.ru

Re: program Development Assistant for C (DA-C)

[DA-C from Ristancase...]

SI allows efficient and fast navigation and overview in large
projects. I think it's worth the money although I had some problems
with their support and therefore didn't buy a license. I still use a
"simple" editor (MED) - my projects are so small that I don't need
SI's advanced navigation capabilities.

Have also a look at doxygen for static documentation. It's free and
good, and you have no writing overhead.

Oliver
--
Oliver Betz, Muenchen (oliverbetz.de)