program Development Assistant for C (DA-C)

Hello, All!

Could somebody recommend good DA-C tool for embedded software, free prefferably :) for Win32 platform (in near future Linux platfrom will be in demand). I would like to use mostly functions for building code structure charts, flow charts, documenting sources etc. After googlin I've found a bunch of tools, but because of I've never used it before I can't make a reasonable decision.

With best regards, Roman Mashak. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@tusur.ru

Reply to
Roman Mashak

In article , Roman Mashak writes

DA-C from Ristancase

So you are going to work for free? I assume if you don't want to pay for tools the SW you develop will be free as well?

SO try out all the free ones and see which ones work. then try out the demo's of the commercial ones and see which ones are better.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/\ /\/\/ snipped-for-privacy@phaedsys.org

\/\/ \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Reply to
Chris Hills

Hello, Chris! You wrote on Mon, 5 Jul 2004 07:36:07 +0100:

CH> DA-C from Ristancase

I downloaded the trial version, it seems really good. But I didn't find few features I expected, may be I was inaccurate: for example, how can I get the total list of functions, I want to search, in my project ?

[skip] ??>> I would like to use mostly functions for building code structure ??>> charts, flow charts, documenting sources etc. After googlin I've ??>> found a bunch of tools, but because of I've never used it before I ??>> can't make a reasonable decision.

CH> SO try out all the free ones and see which ones work. then try out the CH> demo's of the commercial ones and see which ones are better.

With best regards, Roman Mashak. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@tusur.ru

Reply to
Roman Mashak

Hello, Chris! You wrote on Mon, 5 Jul 2004 07:36:07 +0100:

CH> DA-C from Ristancase

[skip] CH> SO try out all the free ones and see which ones work. then try out the CH> demo's of the commercial ones and see which ones are better.

Well, I'd like to express some my impressions :) I also downloaded trial version of "Source Insight"

version 3.50.035. This product seemed to me a little more mature :) of course it's my subjective opinion, but it has some features I could not find in DA-C from Ristance, for example listing of all symbols in a module of project, also the flow chart building capabilities are more restricted :( And, navigation in project window is a liitle more convenient.

With best regards, Roman Mashak. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@tusur.ru

Reply to
Roman Mashak
[DA-C from Ristancase...]

SI allows efficient and fast navigation and overview in large projects. I think it's worth the money although I had some problems with their support and therefore didn't buy a license. I still use a "simple" editor (MED) - my projects are so small that I don't need SI's advanced navigation capabilities.

Have also a look at doxygen for static documentation. It's free and good, and you have no writing overhead.

Oliver

--
Oliver Betz, Muenchen (oliverbetz.de)
Reply to