Prodrive MCCB-3

Hi,

a while ago I got a MCCB-3 board made by Prodrive (Netherlands). It is a 6U VME-Board with two PMC Slots and a Altera FPGA that is apparently connected to the on-board PCI-66 via a couple of dual-port RAMs and a PCI-FIFO chip.

I think this setup sounds pretty exciting but I have no idea about the pinout of the FPGA or the intended way to configure it. Does anyone know of this board and can provide me with some documentation? The manufacturer so far ignored my requests (as usual)...

This is just a little hobby of mine, I got Linux to work on a PowerPMC module plugged into the carrier, but I can't use any of it's additional features without some documentation.

Thanks, Sebastian

Reply to
sdbrueckner

It is a custom built board that is meant to operate in a VME rack where the P2 connector is intended for a very legacy bus interface ... AFAIK there is a Universe II VME-PCI bridge chip on the board, that connects the PCI interface to the VME P1 connector. This can be used to let the board act as a VME slave. The Universe specs are available from Tundra, so you may be able to play with that.

My employer directed Prodrive to develop this dedicated board. It is very well possible that Prodrive is not free to distribute essential documentation of the board, let alone documentation that describes the environment that interacts with the legacy bus and its interface.

They may have good reasons (see above) ... AFAIK Prodrive ships these boards only to my employer, how did you get yours? A left-over from a scrapped machine or test-rig?

When you boot Linux (or some other software) e.g. using an ethernet interface on the PMC module, you must be able to scan the PCI bus for devices and find the Universe PCI-VME bridge device.

Rob, not speaking for ASML

Reply to
rob windgassen

On 28 Aug., 07:42, rob windgassen wrote: [VME PMC carrier]

I see. Too bad :(

I got it from a guy on eBay. I bought it because it came with a PowerPC G4 PMC module, the board was just an extra but turned out to be interesting as well...

Yes, while I did not test it in conjuction with other VME devices, the PCI devices do show up (Tundra, a serial comm. controller and the FIFO chip). That part of the board works without any additional setup.

The most interesting part is the FPGA however, and that I can not get to work without some more information :(

Thanks for the info, Sebastian

Reply to
sdbrueckner