Problems with index entries

Hello all,

It's my first time in this newsgroup. I have some questions about the use of
\index in MIKTEX.  I am using the following documentclass:

\documentclass[a4paper,11pt,dvipdfm]

1) I have found that there are some special characters that must be quoted
@, !, ", and |. I have problems with index-words using # and \ what's the
solution for this problem?
I have solved the problem for now by using the character with a problem
twice as shown here.

\index\verb

Leaves:

\indexentry{\relax \fontsize  \selectfont  67}

2) The generated index entry's are too long (more than 16 characters), the
program makeindex is refusing to generate indices from this data. When i
remove
the part from \relax .. to  .. \selectfont a neat index is generated.

\indexentry{\relax \fontsize  \selectfont  54}

3) I like the index to show up in the table of contents, i am using \chapter
for it but now there is twice the word 'Index' above the starting page of
the
indices. How can i change \printindex to do what i want?

4) My last question is about the style, whan i generate a PDF-document
all hyperlinks (index/pageref/toc) appear with a red line around it.
I am using 'dvipdfm -p a4 dvifile' how can i change the appearance of
these hyperlinks ? I like them to be green without any colored line around
it.

Kind regards,

Willem Ouwerkerk.

Re: Problems with index entries
[...]

Please ignore this entry.... Sorry Willem Ouwerkerk.

of
67}
\chapter