Problems with index entries

Hello all,

It's my first time in this newsgroup. I have some questions about the use of \index in MIKTEX. I am using the following documentclass:

\documentclass[a4paper,11pt,dvipdfm]{book}

1) I have found that there are some special characters that must be quoted @, !, ", and |. I have problems with index-words using # and \ what's the solution for this problem? I have solved the problem for now by using the character with a problem twice as shown here.

\index{BITRATE##}\verb{BITRATE#}

Leaves:

\indexentry{BITRATE##|hyperpage}{\relax \fontsize {12}{14}\selectfont 67}

2) The generated index entry's are too long (more than 16 characters), the program makeindex is refusing to generate indices from this data. When i remove the part from \relax .. to .. \selectfont a neat index is generated.

\indexentry{"@|hyperpage}{\relax \fontsize {12}{14}\selectfont 54}

3) I like the index to show up in the table of contents, i am using \chapter for it but now there is twice the word 'Index' above the starting page of the indices. How can i change \printindex to do what i want?

4) My last question is about the style, whan i generate a PDF-document all hyperlinks (index/pageref/toc) appear with a red line around it. I am using 'dvipdfm -p a4 dvifile' how can i change the appearance of these hyperlinks ? I like them to be green without any colored line around it.

Kind regards,

Willem Ouwerkerk.

Reply to
w. ouwerkerk

[...]

Please ignore this entry.... Sorry Willem Ouwerkerk.

"w. ouwerkerk" schreef in bericht news:bebba6$nd8$ snipped-for-privacy@news.hccnet.nl...

of

67}

\chapter