Problems with GNU ARM "interrupt" keyword

Hi, Anyone know if it is recommended to use the "interrupt" keyword with GNU ARM ? Anyone verified it personally?. I'm getting conflicting information via google searches in both web/groups. I'm using GNU v3.2.1 and appear to be suffering from stack overuns/leakage in my ARM app.

Thanks in advance, HG.

Reply to
HG

I've read it somewhere that you need to use GCC version 3.3.1 at least to get correct interrupt routine behavior. No personal experience though...

Regards, Andras Tantos

Reply to
Andras Tantos

There are more or less ongoing problems with it; how deeply have you debugged the problem? In particular, are you positive that the user-supplied interrupt handling code you provide is switching and maintaining stacks correctly according to the type of interrupt?

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

"HG" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

A common mistake is to use "nested" interrupt and forget that you have to enter System Mode before you allow a further interrupt. Which ARM CPU are you using?

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson   ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com

Update: Guess I should have searched bugzilla first. In summary, the above is a known bug and fixed in v3.3.1. See the following link for details:

Thanks for the help, HG

Reply to
HG