Problems with Ethernet driver 100Mb OK, Gb not OK

Hello,

Maybe someone's seen something like this and can shed some light on the problem. This is a Power PC (83xx) using the Ethernet driver Freescale provides on the BSP ISO image. 100Mb works fine sending and receiving packets (lwIP is up and running well). Gb initializes fine but won't send or receive packets. The driver sends the packet without error, the jack and switch lights flicker, but nothing sees the data (Wire Shark on the PC is quiet)). I tried direct connecting the PPC and PC and still get no packets received. Switch back to 100Mb and all is fine. It's not the hardware or cable because the flashed U-Boot will send Gb packets with tftpboot or ping and Wire Shark sees them fine.

What did I do wrong in my code that 100Mb works fine but Gb won't? One difference I know of is U-Boot is built with GCC and I'm using Code Warrior to build my program. I think it's a stretch to think that's it. I could be initializing the non-Ethernet parts of the PPC differently than U-Boot, but could that leave 100Mb working and Gb not working?

Thank you, Bill A.

Reply to
Bill A.