Problems using the Motorola MON08 system on a USB -> Serial -> Mon port adapter

I have purchased a small developement board (the USB08 - which contains the MC68HC908JB8 microcontroller) but I have some difficulties using the monitor interface.

I have no available builtin serial ports on my developement server computer, so I am using a USB to RS232 adapter to connect to the MON08 interface.

The problem is that under Linux using the spgmr08 software I have "occasional" connects with the USB08 board on the monitor interface and have been successfull in running my own small "getting started" programs but the connection seems very unstabile.

To be sure that it is not my Linux acting up I have tried installing the NoICE for 68HC08 on a windows computer also using a USB to serial adapter, and here I cannot get any connection.

Do anyone know if the MON08 interface is so dependant on the actual RS232 serial port hardware on a PC that such an adapter cannot be used for the MON08 interface?

Thank you for any hints that may be suggested.

Jesper K. Pedersen

Reply to
Jesper K. Pedersen

Hi, Your pb is the USB RS232 adaptater.

Yvan

"Jesper K. Pedersen" a écrit dans le message de news: 20050202133023.0e932105.jkp_AT snipped-for-privacy@nova.solnet...

Reply to
Yvan BOURNE

Taking my time to check the cabeling that was with the kit I found a broken wire in the monitor"ribbon" cable. After making a new cable and even with the USB to RS232 adapter it now works.

Best regards and happy "hacking", Jesper K. Pedersen

Reply to
Jesper K. Pedersen