Problems on Quad UART TL16C554A

We are trying to use the TL16C554A quad uart

The transmission rate we are interested is quite low: 4800bps

We used the fifo polled mode as well as the fifo interrupt mode b programming the registers as described in the Datasheet.

1) In fifo polled mode we check the lsbit in the LSR

2) In Fifo interrupt mode we check the IIR bit 3 with a threshold set t

  1. In both the use we lost a lot of data and we receive correctly 16-18 char only for each of the transmitted sentence.

Unfortunately no application note or reference design is available fro TI.

Is there anyone that have experience with problems with such a device??

thanks

Reply to
eldesign

This family of devices (sprouting from the 8250) is really quite popular (as in PC). Look beyond TI. If you search, you'll find all manner of drivers and examples. Consider the Linux and BSD sources for starters.

--
Dan Henry
Reply to