Problem with SanDisk Connect+ Wi-Fi Compact Flash card

Hello all,
I have trouble initializing a SanDisk 802.11b CF card (art no: SDWCFB-128),
it's a CF card with both Wi-Fi (aka WLAN, aka IEEE802.11b) and 128 MByte
FLASH.
I have developed PRISM 2/2.5/3 drivers for the WLAN functionality on the
card. When I use a Sandisk card without internal FLASH, everything works OK.
Also, I have used a lot of other CF cards without any problem. Only cards
with both FLASH and WLAN fails to work.
SanDisk publishes a manual
(http://www.sandisk.com/pdf/industrial/ProdManualCFWLANv1.0.pdf ) describing
the internal CF registers (not the WLAN registers) and the special
initialization sequence needed for cards with both FLASH and WLAN
functionality.
I've read this manual a thousand times and tried every combination of
initialization sequences... without any luck. SanDisk's support (of course)
doesn't answer my question.
Is there any one in this group that have had any success in initializing
Sandisk's FLASH+WLAN CF card?

//Johannes

PS. A bit more technical details:
The FLASH part of the card works fine with a file system that I've written
before.
I've tried initializing the FLASH part in both memory mode and I/O mode. My
guess is that the FLASH part should be initialized in I/O mode since the
WLAN part only operates in I/O mode.
Register 3E0h (in attribute memory) is initialized to 0x01 (to set the WLAN
part in I/O mode).
When I read from 3E2h and 3E4h I always get 0xFF (which is very wrong!).
Whatever value I write in these registers, they always return 0xFF.
It's possible to read and write in register 3F0h and 3F2h, for setting the
I/O base address.
I'm also aware of the unlock register at I/O address 40h. My understanding
is that this sequence should be performed at the very end, before accessing
the WLAN I/O registers.
DS.

Site Timeline