problem with MMDS debugger

Hello,

I have freshly installed the MMDS software ( MMDS08z debugger Version 1.25 ) for 68HC908EY8 processor.

When I try to load an S19 file, it says that " default directory path is invalid.( C:\pemicro\mds0508z ) switching to working directory Error : Invalid or not ready drive. after that it says "Loaded" What is the reason behind this? I think the S19 file is getting loaded since when I give a reset, it goes to the start address of my program? I am getting the same error when I try to use the HLOAD command to load elf or IEEE695 file. But in this case it does not show "Loaded" and the symbols are not loaded. The folder that is says is invalid is actually present and the tool is installed there.

It also tells that the map file is invalid. That may be because, I used a cosmic development environment to creat the map file. I read from one of the posts that the tool supports only map file generated by a P&E tool. Is there some way to load the map file generated by Cosmic IDE in this tool?

Can any body help me please..

Regards,

Sreeram.

Reply to
Sreeram

There is a version of Cosmics ZAP debugger available what connects to your MMDS0508 board. This ZAP version can load Cosmics proprietary h08 format without loss and even vertical debug inside a single HLL line works fine. (Note: The MMEVS ZAP does not show the restrictions of the Mon08 Version)

Reply to
Jürgen Veith