Problem with Microchip Zigbee stack

We are using Microchip's latest ZigBee development kit & are esperienceing problems. The simplest failure happens when the connection gets dropped between a single receiver / tranmitter pair. Once the connection is dropped, the connection never gets reestablished, no matter how close the receiver / transmitter pair. The lowest level of the Zigbee stack is enabled & none of the higher levels is turned on.

This appears to be a software problem in Microchip's root level ZigBee stack.

Any feedback would help.

Bill

Reply to
bill.korchinski

If I remember correctly I had a similar problem with ZigBee demo kit. But mine was quite old and with cc2420 transceivers. I've used demo kit only for testing, later when the project was build there was no serious problems. This error might be connected with application level of demo kit but I'am speculating...

Regards, Maki

Reply to
Maki

Bill,

There is, actually, not enough information in your post to be able to offer any comments. Are you running an application layer to access the stack? (something in the demo kit), or are you accessing the stack directly? What version of the stack is it? Etc etc. One of the issues is, when you say "drop", are you assuming this is an RF condition or does the node get removed from the PAN? Anyway, just shooting in the dark without any additional info....

Good luck!

EUG

Reply to
ElderUberGeek