problem with jtag/ETM on Philips LPC21xx

How can I use JTAG mode without ETM port on Philips LPC 210x?

I pull up DBGSEL and RTCK during RESET, processor starts using jtag but
also ETM port is enabled (I can`t use ETM pins as GPIO).
I am also using LPC 212x - it is posible to turn on jtag without ETM port.

Thank You

Re: problem with jtag/ETM on Philips LPC21xx
On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 19:27:08 +0200, Maciej Kaczkowski

On the LPC210x you can use the secondary JTAG port, providing that
your on-chip software enables it.

Stephen
--
Stephen Pelc, snipped-for-privacy@INVALID.mpeltd.demon.co.uk
Re: problem with jtag/ETM on Philips LPC21xx

http://arm.web7days.com

:40bdbe40.308469515@192.168.0.1...
port.

Re: problem with jtag/ETM on Philips LPC21xx
Thank You

I know about it but I don`t know how to do it. It is written in Philips
Data Sheet to this processor but it is not clear for me.
If you can send me more details how can I do it. I am using gcc and
Wiggler from Macraigor.

I am using also philips lpc 2124 (demo board from KEIL MCB2100). It is
working with JTAG port but without ETM (RTCK pin to GND during reset).
This doesn`t work on philips lpc2106 (data sheet says that you have to
pull up DBGSEL and RTCK during reset - JTAG port AND ETM is enabled).

Thank You for information and please send me more details if you can.

Re: problem with jtag/ETM on Philips LPC21xx
Hello Maciej,

have a look at a Philips Application Note here:
http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/acrobat/applicationnotes/AN10255_1.pdf
about the secondary JTAG

Cheers, Schwob

p.s. you will also find a lot of help here:
in the LPC2000 Yahoo group