problem porting linux to AT91RM9200 board

Hi ,

Im trying to port linux to a custom board i designed (based on the
AT91RM9200 ). But im faced with a problem - after the execution of the
kernel is started , at the very first instruction , i get an invalid
instruction message ( which further prints all the register values)
..what  could be the reason for such an error?

Further , what other Free Operatign systems are avaliable that can be
used with the AT91RM9200 ?

Thanks in anticipation

Re: problem porting linux to AT91RM9200 board

You should post the log with the error, else we can't help.
However I try to guess: did you loaded the filesystem too ?

WindowsCE for example....

Best regards
--
Marco Cavallini
Re: problem porting linux to AT91RM9200 board

Since when is WindowsCE Free ?

Depending on exactely what you want, ECOS might be viable.
There is a synthetic target available for Linux, so you can still
develop and run your app on a standard PC, and cross compile
for your ARM board.

Regards
  Anton Erasmus

Site Timeline