problem in thumb mode

I are facing performance related issues in my ARM project, I am using th

ATMEL AT94M55800 ARM7 chip, I planned to go for the thumb mode but it
GCC (3.3.2) dose not seem to compile properly in thumb mode.
I have tried with -mthumb -mthumb-interwork option as some code need to b
in
arm mode. Do you guys know how to do this.

Secondly dose gcc have any linker option that can load an object in t
flash
but run from RAM.If you know any performance improvement methods on AR
let me know.

Regards,
Anand

www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Re: problem in thumb mode

Make a minimal example and post it here. At least 3.2.1 and 3.3.4
do work with my projects. What goes wrong?

Use the function attribute 'section' to locate the code into
an initialized data section. You may get linking overflows
due to the maximum reach of a bl instruction (23 bits). If so,
make the calls indirect: create a pointer to the function and
use the pointer in the call.

Remember to modify the linker script to include the new
section into the proper place. (You do have one for
your hardware?)

HTH

--

Tauno Voipio