Problem about microcontroller with RS485 and DAC ADC

Hi All:

I'm making an application sending command via RS-485 to a microprocessor using DAC to send Voltage signal, ADC to receive feedback signal. I've found some 51 families have both DAC and ADC on one chip. But I ‘ll need other chips to be the RS-485 interface.

Is there any microcontroller containing RS-485 interface and more than 2 8bits ADC and a DAC (4bits or more will do the job) in one signal chips

Thanks

Reply to
Alentanic

For Rs-485 you should use 75176 for converting TTL levels (UART) to RS485.

Reply to
MArk

In a flurry of electrons Alentanic spake thus:

No. Best to use a seperate chip for RS-485 (=cheap chip). Like that, if it gets 'zapped' you don't kill the micro (=expensive chip).

--
Brian Fairchild
B dot Fairchild at Dial dot Pipex dot Com

Or properly protect it so it doesn't ever get zapped.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

GOAL Semiconductor have some devices with RS-485 transciever ON THE CHIP...

regards

Dejan

Reply to
Dejan Durdenic

Nice. Yet another 8051.. Thanks.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I appologize for this reply so do not take it as offensive.

Dejan, where are you from, Croatia?

Reply to
Mickey