PPP over RS485 - Speed

Hi,

I am working on increasing the speed of data transfer between two electronic modules(each running OSE operating system)using PPP(supported by OSE)over RS485. However be the baudrate i configure the maximum speed i get is 8KiloBits per second. Even if the baud rate has been changed to

38400kbps or higher it does increase the transfer rate. Is there some reason why it doesnt?It will be great if someone can help on this.
Reply to
vijaygs

(Knowing nothing about "OSE"):

If it is half-duplex then overall throughput could be limited by the turn-around time and latency. Are you using the longest packets allowed? I would hook a scope up and see if there are big gaps in the datastream, then look at any timing adjustments you are able to make.

--

John Devereux
Reply to