Power management from Cellular platform?

I am planning to do a chip that can interface with the Cell phone
platforms (Processor,Baseband, Power Module chip etc).
The clocks reset and power mangement of my chip should preferably
be done by the main system processor. So my questions are:

1)It possible to get the base clock from the system processor?
2)Are there other ways apart from using the GPIO of the processor
 to control the power modes?
3)Any ideas on system reset being used for addon chips?

thanks,

Site Timeline