porting sockets under linux

I am porting the socket.c to a linux shell. I am having issues with the asm directory... the code is draggin gon and on.....

Does anybody knows of a better way... some type of open source development that port the sockets automatically with minimal changes... I undrestand I have to do register and I/O mapping porting.

THanks Mark

Reply to
mark.aziz

I am porting the socket.c to a linux shell. I am having issues with the asm directory... the code is draggin gon and on.....

Does anybody knows of a better way... some type of open source development that port the sockets automatically with minimal changes... I undrestand I have to do register and I/O mapping porting.

THanks Mark

Reply to
mark.aziz

I've absolutely no clue what "socket.c" or "linux shell" means.

Huh?

Are we supposed to know what you're talking about?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Where do your SOCKS
                                  at               go when you lose them in

I'll be 119 two weeks from wednesday.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  MMM-MM!! So THIS is
                                  at               BIO-NEBULATION!
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Grant Edwards

I'll be about only about half that next Monday and I had no clue either.

Maybe it's just an age thing.

Casey

Reply to
Casey

Sockets have been ported already - about 12 years ago.

Reply to
Second Amendment Loves You

Maybe his post took that long to hit our newsservers? Maybe because sockets on the system he's useing just were ported recently?

Markus

Reply to
Markus Zingg

People don't believe me when I tell them I'm 28 years old. Fourteen months from now I'll have an even harder time explaining to people that I'm 2A years old.

Reply to
Eric Smith

Especially colleagues who knew you were 28, 14 months ago...

Reply to
Jim Granville

It seems like only 0E months ago. How time flies.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Beroset

And I just had my 49th birthday 2 months ago. I guess I better stop there. Alternatively I can work my way up from 111.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

(*lol*)

I like that. Nice to know I'll be 30 my next birthday...

Reply to
Rufus V. Smith

Would that make you an octalgenerian?

Rufus