Portable Email Client for embedded system

I am looking for Portable Email Client for embedded system (not Linux/Unix), which includes the following protocols:

SMTP, POP3, IMAP4 and MIME.

Is someone familiar with Email Client?

Regards, Kobi

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

kobib

What sort of system are you wanting to use? Are you looking for interaction with a human (i.e., something like Thunderbird), or is it other programs that need to send and/or receive email?

If you don't need a traditional human-oriented all-in-one email client, then remember that receiving email (pop3, imap4) is a totally different concept from sending email (smtp). Both pop3 and smtp are very simple protocols - it should be fairly easy to find libraries supporting them, or just to write them yourself.

Reply to
David Brown

The system I used is something like VxWork/Rex. I don't need UI, storage or any complecate feature. I need to send and rcv an email with attachment.

were can I found a good C sample/portable open source which can be easy integrated?

Where can I found a reference of how to implement it? If I will decide to implement it, what is the effort?

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

kobib

The system I used is something like VxWork/Rex. I don't need UI, storage or any complecate feature. I need to send and rcv an email with attachment.

were can I found a good C sample/portable open source which can be easy integrated?

Where can I found a reference of how to implement it? If I will decide to implement it, what is the effort?

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

kobib

don

You want to look for libraries rather than email clients. Most libraries will use posix APIs and sockets - you'll have to check if your system supports these. Alternatively, simply write the code yourself - SMTP and POP3 really are not hard, especially if you know your required features in advance so that you don't have to implement general clients.

If you are looking for sample code or libraries, be sure to check the license before using them in your project.

For a reference implementation, I'd look at the Python standard libraries. They are neat, compact, and easy to follow.

Reply to
David Brown