popular educational development boards

hi,

my friend is in china(near shanghai) for another 10 days and i want him to bring some development boards for me which i plan to use in my teaching courses. i have been talking to him since last 2-3 days and its utter confusion for me. can you people suggest me some good educational development boards? a list of most popular ones will do for me as i don't have specific requirements(except 'low cost'). i wanted the board to run some flavour of linux, could connect through serial port/minicom, have atleast one ethernet port. i want to develop C programs for that board. i currently use AD6489(MIPS arch) based dev board. i run uClinux on it, it has two ehternet ports etc. I first decided to buy Atmel EB40(A) board after reading Lewis Edwards' shoestring book, but that board is not available in china. In china, my friend suggested (EasyARM 4510), (DJT - 44B0) - both cost around $80. Also DK3200A, EasyARM 2104 - for about $40. but then he said the documentation is in chinese! i did not find too much info about theses boards on google. so now what i decided is: to go with a popular board so that i can throw the chinese doc that comes with the board and rely on internet for the same. so can you people suggest me popular dev boards (of the kind EB40A, AD6489, EasyARM 4510, DJT-44BO etc) ? someone also told me that i can take any board with ARM 32-bit arch and i can get help on the internet, is it true? what about doc on settings specific to the board?

also does anyone know of an IRC channel where i could discuss my problem?

thanks a lot murali.

Reply to
Chinnmaya Murali

Try Olimex

for low-cost boards using the Philips LPC2000 ARM chips.

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller